Pages

Friday 5 June 2020

Going to Pompeii for my last adventure

Before my time was up with the time machine I had decided to go to one more place. A place where it was peaceful. A place of when something happened to the land. I knew just where I wanted to go. I wanted to go back in time to see what Pompeii looked like before it got destroyed.

I put in the year and day to go to Pompeii, but instead of me going to the day of the eruption I wanted to go two days before because I just wanted to see what happened before the eruption.Wow! The place was beautiful. I have never seen such a beautiful place like this. This is what I was looking for. The people were very kind.

They took me in as a visitor. I didn’t want to tell them that a volcano was going to erupt 48 hours from here. A very kind lady let me sleep at her house with her two sons. The next day U knew I had to tell someone, but then I thought to myself about all the rules to time travel. Rule one which was the important one, it was to never change something from the past because it could affect something from the future. I didn’t want to tell but I knew I would get in trouble.

They took me around the place. It was so amazing. They took me to a place where they would put something around your whole entire body. I was scared at first, but when they did it, it was only for 5 minutes. There was even a huge fountain which had lots of water in it. I asked the lady if I was allowed to swim in the fountain. At first I thought it was a ridiculous idea until her two sons jumped into the fountain.

Later that night I looked out at Mount Vesuvius. I saw some ashes come out. I remembered during science class that our teacher Mr Lincoln said that if we see ashes come out of a volcano then the volcano will erupt sometime soon. I couldn’t tell anyone about this. So I decided to run away far far from the place. I was so gutted. They treated me as family and I was betraying them, but I knew I was doing the right thing.

I decided to go back to my home. I looked at the time machine and I saw that I could go to one more place for only 30 minutes. So I picked Pompeii. I saw that the whole city was destroyed. Every single step I took I felt gutted and gutted even more because I didn’t tell anyone that this was going to happen to them. I kept on walking and I stopped and the place where I went the clay I would say on my entire body. I looked at the one right next to me and I was the lady’s one. I burst into tears crying for 15 minutes. My time was up. I knew that this was an adventure. It may have been the last time I time travel, but you will never hear the last of me.Adventurer Angelica signing off from my last adventure in the time machine.

This is sadly my last time machine writing for the week. It was all about me going back in time and living 1 and a half days in Pompeii. The instructions said to write it as a diary, but I wanted to write it as if it was my last time in the time machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.