Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2020

The part he women did during world war one

A lot of people don’t really know things that the women did during world war one. So today I will be telling you guys what most of the women did. Before I get started I just want to explain a bit of world war one. World war one happened in 1914 which meant a lot of mens had to leave their families. Which only meant that the only people at home were the children and the wifes. Okay now let's get started.

Back when the war started a lot of women took very hard jobs that only men could do. They did lots of jobs. Actually sometimes when there weren’t that many women some of them had to do 2 or even 3 jobs at a time. There were lot’s of jobs that the women did when the men were gone. The jobs they did were nurses, doctors, ambulance drivers, translators and, in rare cases, on the battlefield. Some women even travelled to go and help the men in the war.

Women wore lacy shirtwaists and long, narrow skirts that fell to the top of the foot. They would also wear different clothes. Actually they would even wear some trousers and overalls. That is crazy right? Can you believe that? I mean there were many other clothes that they could wear. What was hard was that they had a lot of dresses so that could have been hard to work in. Am I right?

It was very sad for the women because they couldn’t afford to get lots of food. Most women and their families could only afford one meal a day. That meal was tea, butter and bread. It's that just sad? I mean some women didn't even eat because they wanted their children to eat more than them. So that they could survive. Anyway that is all from me and I hope you learned something. Bye!

This is my writing about what the women did during world war one. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.