Pages

Thursday 12 August 2021

Pulse/Heart rate TASK!

 So this is my teach class for the day. We were learning about Pulse/Heart rates. We had to do a series of things to see which gets the highest and the lowest rate. We did this is pairs and I was with Kiarah. One funny part was when Kiarah slipped trying to catch the ball. Anyways she was ok at the end. I hope I get to do this is the future. ENJOY! 


On the bottom is a photo of the watch we used to see our heart/pulse rate.


Carefully read and understand this recording and planning guide so you are systematic in scientific thinking, experimenting, recording and interpreting. 


Follow logically through each section so you are thorough in your science investigation steps. 


Complete each section with details needed so you have carefully logged your project...and so an outsider can know and understand too.


1

My science investigation TOPIC: 

Pulse Rates


2

My investigation question

Investigate the effect of different types of activity on the heart rate/pulse rate.


1.Which action/activity resulted in the highest heart rate? 

2.Which action/activity resulted in the lowest heart rate?

3.Why do you think this might be?


Hypothesis

-I think running as fast as possible on the spot will have the highest heart/pulse rate.

-I think that sitting down I would have the lowest pulse/heart rate.   

3

Background research and knowledge I will explore as a backdrop to my investigation


High blood pressure-120mmHg

Low blood pressure-80 mmHg


4

Aim of my investigation



5


STEP 1

Put on the watch on tight so that your heart/pulse rate is correct

STEP 2

Wait for your heart rate to go down


STEP 3

Then you do the activities for 30 seconds and see if you heart/pulse rate goes up or down


STEP 4


Write down the results 

STEP X


BOOM your done


6

My possible recording method


Data collection table

Name of the Activity

Length of Activity

Beat counted in 30 seconds

Heart Rate

mmHg

Sitting

30 seconds

100/95

95mmHg

Jogging on Spot

30 seconds

150/93

150mmHg

Throwing and Catching ball

30 seconds

119/109

109mmHg

Stretching

30 seconds

135/121

121mmHg

Star Jumps

30 seconds

120/118

118mmHg

Running as fast as possible on spot

30 seconds

119/160

160mmHg




7

Result: 

1.Which action/activity resulted in the highest heart rate?

   The activity that had my heart/pulse rate the highest was running


2.Which action/activity resulted in the lowest heart rate?

   The activity that my heart/pulse rate the lowest was just sitting down

3.Why do you think this might be?

I think that it happened because when you sit down you're relaxing your heart/pulse rate. When you're running it pumps it up.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.