Pages

Sunday 3 May 2020

The missing food

The Missing food

It was the start of a new school year but something was wrong. Mr Burt called in all the teachers to give them a big welcome back and give them a treat, but when he turned around to give out the treat nothing was there. 

Even the teachers lunch and all the food was gone. The only thing they could see was crumbs,muddy shoe prints and a teacher's key. Every single teacher was really upset because they thought they came back to see yummy welcome back food but it was the opposite. Every teacher knew they had a key except Miss Parrant. Before I took her in for questioning I took the key and gave it to the DA office to see if there was anyone's fingerprints on it. Everyone thought that she gave one of her children from her class the key to steal it and eat all the baskets to herself. So I took her in for questioning.

The first question I asked her is “did you steal all the baskets of yummy treats to yourself”. She replied with “ No why would I take all of the basket of yummy treats to myself it will take me about a whole year to eat them”. She did look really innocent. I mean she was shaking. She was so scared that she was going to jail. So I let her go to teach her class until I slid under the door, it said “ If you're looking for me then you’ll regret it”. I asked myself “ why will I regret it? I’m just looking for the criminal”. I kept on searching for the criminal until I got a call from an unknown person. I picked it up and it said “ I told you I will regret it”. I was so puzzled at that point. Then I thought to myself for a minute. This person sounds very familiar. 

At first I thought it was my friend Casey. She Is one of the teachers that helps out during class, but I knew it wasn’t her, but I called just in case. In the phone call she asked “ did you find the criminal yet?” I then asked her back “ wait how do you know about that?” She told me that it was all over the paper, but that to me was suspension. I went to get a paper and it was true. To be honest it has a huge headline. I didn’t know that it would go on the paper. Until a strange text message came in it said this “ If you want to find me come down to the beach at 5 on the dot. After that text message I just remember something. Doesn’t every single school have security cameras. I rushed into Mr Burts office and asked him for all of the tapes on the security cameras.

He gave me not just one but five boxes of security tapes from Monday to today on Thursday. I stayed up all night just to watch every single one. Then that's when one of them caught my eye. I saw a person about five foot one but he or she wore a mask. Which made it difficult to see the person. That's when I saw Miss Parrants key. Now I know how the key was left there. The person that got the treats set off one of the alarms in the room. That's when I got back the labs testing on the key the Miss Parrant got. The name that came up was Emmanual Jeffery. Soon after that I got a feeling that that name was really familiar. I had a flashback of me as a baby playing with legos with a different baby. Then I heard the mother say” Emmanual come we gotta go”. That when I noticed that It was my long lost best friend. 

I went to his current house address and he seemed to remember me by my face. I asked him if you had been to a school in the past week. He asked me if this has to do with the stolen food in the teachers staff room. I didn’t want to lie so I asked him if he did it. He said no. I was running out of options so I just said “ so then why is your DNA on the key” He told me that he saw her at a cafe and said hi and they touched each other's key because it was exactly the same. I then asked him do you know who could have done it. He said yes. I asked “ who”. He then said A girl named Casey who worked in the cafe. That's when I just remembered that Casey works two jobs. Before I could question her I went to her roommate, who is my friend as well. Her name is Mellisa. I went to question her and she told me that on that night Casey had stolen a teachers key and went in to go and get some baskets. Then she told me that Casey wouldn’t let her in her room because something was in it. I walked in and all of the baskets were in the room. She also told me that I had to write and call you justb to trick you. I went to the school and I arrested Casey. She was sent to five years in jail.

How did you like my detective story? To be honest when I grow up I want to be a detective because it sounds so cool and I will be saving peoples lives. In this story Casey and Mellisa are made up. This writing task was a challenge actually. It was at the top it said if you wrote two paragraphs you get bronze. If you wrote three paragraphs then you get silver. Now this is the one I got. If you wrote five paragraphs then you get gold, and that is how many paragraphs I wrote.I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.