Pages

Wednesday 2 September 2020

Getting stuck in the forbidden city

This is a narrative about me and my friend Kiarah getting stuck in the forbidden city. I hope you enjoy this story. 

I have just arrived in Beijing China with my friend Kiarah. Me and Kiarah were lucky because we entered a competition and if you won you get two weeks in China! Anyway we were getting off. Oh did I forget to tell you guys that it was night time. Anyway we hopped into the cab and went to our hotel. I was excited because in the morning we were going to the Forbidden city. I just couldn’t wait so instead of sleeping away and dreaming how it would be like I just decided to get ready because you never know when you’ll need to wake up early and shower and all that stuff. As I was about to sleep my timer went off. Well I guess I took all my time getting ready. I didn’t get any sleep. So I woke up Kiarah and told her we had to go now.

I knew we were way too early because it was only seven o’clock even though the forbidden city opened at eight thirty and closed at five. As we were waiting in the car I took a one hour and thirty minute sleep, or nap. When I woke up the forbidden city was open. As me and Kiarah were walking in everyone was walking out. At first I just thought they didn’t like it so I just went on in. KIarah said that we should go back because everyone else was but I didn’t want to listen as being the person I am, but don’t tell her that.

I was running around the forbidden city until Kiaraj showed me the news. Yes you read this right we watched the Chinese news. To be honest it was good. Enough though I didn’t understand it Kiarah did. Then there was one story that I knew straight away what they were talking about. They said that there will be no visitors in the forbidden city and they will shut the gates so no one could go in or out of the place. I thought they were joking until I heard something shut very loud. It turned out to be the gate. Kiarah also told me that they will open it back up in two days. Two days! I mean I love this place, but I wouldn’t sleep here for two days.

I was really freaking out. I mean there was no escape. I didn’t even pack for back up food. Yeah the only day I need it I leave it at the hotel. Although me and Kiarah were stuck in the forbidden city without anyone knowing it brought the worst out of us. We were yelling and screaming. All I ever wanted was to see the forbidden city and then go straight back to the hotel, but look at where it got us to. I knew I should have listened to Kiarah. I said sorry to her because she was right.

I knew I had to get the both of us out. So I went to the gates. Man I’m tall I couldn’t jump over it. Kiarah tried as well but it wasn’t going well at all. I tried everything to get that gate open. I even ran into it. That was probably my worst idea out of the 78 things I tried. I was pouring and I Kiarah said that it was fine and that we were going to be okay and safe. I got up and said to her “ I was the one who got us into the mess and now I will take us out”. I tried running through a few times, but still didn’t work. Then suddenly I had just noticed that there is a space between each bar so if me and Kiarah could fit through them we could get out. It was our last shot. We slid through perfectly. We ran to the car and drove back to the hotel. That was such a crazy day in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.