Pages

Friday 4 September 2020

Contractions task 2

This is my second contractions task.

Samuel was wondering if he’d be able to afford a chocolate bar. 

I’ve been saving his pocket money to buy a new pair of shoes, and he knew he shouldn’t
waste his money, but dinner wasn’t for hours yet, and he hadn’t had any lunch. 

"It wouldn’t make any difference, "he decided.  "I’ve almost got all of the money saved." 

He wandered towards the shops, but stopped suddenly when he saw a flash of green
paper.

“it’s  a twenty dollar note," he thought excitedly.

“I’ll be able to buy my new pair of shoes today!"

Carefully he picked up the note, and added it to his wallet. Then he counted all of his money.

"Yep, I’ve got enough," he thought happily.

"Samuel, wait up," yelled a little boy, running towards him.

"Not again," thought Samuel. “couldn’t he see that I’m busy?" 

It was Damon, the next-door neighbour's kid. He was only five, and he followed Samuel around everywhere. 

Samuel didn't stop walking, but Damon caught up with him and grabbed his arm.

"Samuel, you have to help me," he begged. "I’ve lost the money grandma gave me for my birthday."

what’s that got to do with me?" asked Samuel.

Damon started crying.

"It blew down this street. I couldn’t find it anywhere.  I didn’t know where to look."

Samuel realised that he had Damon's twenty dollar note.

“I can’t give it back," he thought. "I’ve been saving for this new pair of shoes for months."

But as Damon kept crying, Samuel knew he couldn’t keep the money.

you’re lucky, Damon," he said. 

"I’ve  found it for you already." Pulling out his wallet, he smoothed out the twenty dollar note, and gave it to Damon. 

He didn’t get his new pair of shoes today after all.

"Wow, thanks," beamed Damon. "Hey, do you want a chocolate?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.