Pages

Thursday 14 March 2019

Camp




Have you ever heard of a teacher that created year five and six camp. Well not exactly a teacher. He is now the principal these days and his Mr Burt. It all began in 1991 when Mr burt and two other guys were thinking what they should do to make school fun. So he decided to start a camp called year five and six camp. This year it was the twenty ninth annual camp. I even heard that one of my friends mum attended the first ever camp. I just couldn’t believe that I want to one last week.

Our year five and six camp is about our topic this year better together.It was held on March the fifth to the eighth.On that day most of team four was there. My group was called Batay, it mean children in filipino.]The games and activities we had was the cup game with Mr Somerville and slip and slide. There was Kayaking with our wonderful principal Mr Burt down the beach. There was also Killer zone with Mr Jacobsen down the bottom field.Also free time in the hall, and dance practice with our camp mum ( camp teacher ). On the second day the games changed into different games than yesterdays games. The new games were clyicoball with the one and only Mr Jacobsen. We did practice again, and free time again. While we were doing all that stuff some of the wonderful teachers put up the people were sleeping with in our tent.After eating our lunch we got to see who were sleeping with for the two nights. I really wanted to be with my two besties Kiarah and Julianna. Sadly It just wasn’t meant to be. I was paired up with the two chatter ones Ema and Atawhai. We went to grab our stuff. We headed up to our tents.As I walked in it was so so clean. Now it was time for dinner. I was so excited for dinner. As we sat down Mr Goodwin choose the first team to go was Tamati Lelei. The dinner was nachos with mince and a hint of cheese.Soon we drifted off to bed.

One of my highlights of camp was camp concert because it was really fun seeing each others groups dance.The reason why it was fun was that we have never seen each other dance. My group Batay was the very first group to go. Me and my friends wanted to go third or fourth, but instead we were first. The first thing that popped in my head was that everybody was going to see my dance on the freestyle one.As we started not even one minute everyone was screaming and yelling at our dancing. To be honest I think there were yelling at Simons sassiness, since he was at the front. We were getting closer and closer until finally it was time for it. I was so scared, but knowing the people with me they would dance along with me. Guess what, they just stood there and clapped to the beat. So that just left me dancing but I didn’t really care because I was getting so used to it. At the end we did our chant Maddie and Simon (camp leaders for Batay)went to the front and did it.

Another of a highlight was sleeping a tent with my friends Atawhai and Ema. During the night we would pretend to sleep, but really we were eating our snacks. The snacks we had was gummy bears from Atawhai, Ema had pringles the original favour.I didn’t bring anything.I also loved it because they were not so noisy and annoying. Excepted when Ema keep on zipping her sleeping bag.They also did not wake me up in the morning.

I would like to thank Mr Burt for creating this camp. This wouldn’t of happened if he wasn’t there. I would also like to thank the cookers for there hard working skills. Also to the security guards that helped us be safe and sound. You guys stayed up until midnight. Also thank you to Miss Flavelle for pushing us to our limits. We wouldn’t had payed our fees and cookies if you didn’t remind us. Thank you to all helpers for helping us.

I think that next year the new year fives would love it. I think that you should come because it might change and it is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.