Pages

Thursday 9 April 2020

The sighting of the mermaid

The sighting of the mermaid 





My Uncle is a sailor. Like pretty much a real life Pirate. He doesn’t have a house, or a car, or even a job. He lives on his boat, sleeps on his boat, and travels on his boat. He doesn’t need a job because he catches his food from the sea. Sometimes he does need to trade some of his catch for various supplies to keep his boat afloat, but most of the time he just sails around on the water living his best life.

One time he took me out on his ship. We sailed right up North along the East coast. One night we were sitting up late fishing off the boat when we heard this beautiful singing. It sounded like an angel. We looked out to see and there she was, sitting out on a rock singing up to the stars. A mermaid, a real life mermaid. I couldn’t believe my eyes. At first I just thought that Uncle Rocko was playing a prank.


The mermaid was beautiful and had luscious long hair. Which was the colour of a metallic blue. She also had a shell in her hair which was the colour of a very shiny gold. Her scales were wonderful. It was unique. It was like the darkest blue to the lightest. She glanced at me and Uncle Rocko. The thing that standed out the most to me was her colour. Her eye colour could change.At first when we first saw her she had brown and now she had blue. That was so strange. 

The next night I stayed up just to see if it would come back again. I heard a splash and I rushed to the edge and I guess Uncle Rocko left his leftover sandwich on the edge. I heard someone singing again so once again I rushed out to the edge thinking it was the mermaid. When I went there it was just my Uncle Rocko’s Celine Dion playlist.I guess he forgot to turn his phone off. I waited all night and nothing happened so I decided to go to bed. Then I heard the singing and the splashing. I went to check one more time and there she was. She winked at me then went back down.

After that I haven't seen a mermaid ever again. 


Did you like my story? I did but it's totally up to you. The beginning I had was from one of my teachers. This activity was me making a story using the starter I wanted. So I choose to do the mermaid one. I chose it because I sounded really interesting and my sister loves mermaids. Do you like mermaids? If you were to choose a name for it what would it be? Do you think mermaids are real? Tell in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.