Pages

Friday 21 February 2020

Jack and the beanstalk writing

Angelica and the beanstalk


This is my narrative/recount about Jack and that beanstalk, but it is better.

It was a family dinner at home and my papa was meant to plant potatoes but instead he planted a huge thing. Read on if you want to know what he planted. Here's what happened, and man it was not funny at all. 

On Monday morning papa was going to plant potatoes until my cousin decided to pull a huge prank. He was going to swap out the potatoes seeds for beans. I told him not to because it was our family dinner tomorrow but he didn’t care. Pretty much his plan was to wait until papa took his nap and swap out the seeds. To be honest I didn’t believe that he was going to do it because of our overprotective mum. She keeps an eye on everything. She even hooked up a camera man to come and put a security camera in every single room. So there was zero percent chance he could do it. Until something else happened. Grandpa actually decided to take a nap in the living room, and everyone knows that mum puts fifthteen cameras just for extra protection. So there was absolutely no chance of swapping it. Until he got me to do it. At first I didn’t want to do it, but he convinced me. I know it wasn’t kind but it was funny then.

The trick was that I had to give him his afternoon tea and that is when I slipped out the beans for the potato seeds. It was one more minute to give it to him. At that moment I quickly snatched the beans and gave the tea to papa. I walked over there and the floor was really loud that papa woke up. He had his tea and walked crazy outside. 

We waited a couple of minutes so that we saw grandpa plant it. After his tea he walked over to the vegetable garden and planted it. We noticed that grandpa put a lot in there. In fact he did the whole entire pack. I thought to myself that something would go wrong but it didn’t. It was our annual family dinner and grandpa went out to check on the potatoes but we quickly stopped him because he would notice that we swapped it. 

The next day I went outside and saw a giant beanstalk. I thought that beanstalks were only in fairy tales, but that’s when I noticed that it lead all the way up to the clouds. I didn’t tell anyone, not even my cousin. Also if I told grandpa he would be disappointed at me and I would get a big grounding.

So I decided to go and see what was up there myself. Then I grabbed all my gear and told mum I was going to my friends Kiarahs house to work on our script. She believed me. Grandpa would also sleep till 5 in the afternoon on Sundays. I tried to get a good grip but it was slimy and rough. 

When I started climbing I thought that I was going to die if I fell. So I just tried to block that away from my mind. At first I thought it would be lots of money. Or it could be a giant just like Jack and the beanstalk, but just when I reached the top my foot slipped and I only got a glimpse of the top and I wish I was a bit more careful.

I fell to the ground but luckily my mum and her old bed out and I landed on it. I didn’t tell anyone, so I quickly rushed to the shed and grabbed grandpa's axe. Then I started to cut and cut and then it just disappeared.After that I never wanted to prank again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.