Pages

Friday 1 October 2021

Reflection of Term 3!

 WOWWWW!Well nobody excepted for the term to end off this way. It is really sad that it had to end off this way, but there is still one whole term ahead of us. Anyway's this term has been awesome. Even though we have been in lock down for most of it, heaps of things happened in the first 4 weeks. Things like sports tournaments,sports exchanges,netball season,switching tech classes,extension and more importantly my teacher's new baby. Oh and did I forget to mention that I have been a YEAR 7 FOR 3 WHOLE TERMS!

First up is sports. We have had an amazing netball season. Honestly I have seen my team transformed and have went from being alright to being great. It started off rocky, but once we got some practised we became the players we are now.Even though our netball season was cut short, it was still the best by far. I have seen all my team mates improve from the first game. It has been an amazing experience to play with all these girls and honestly we have grown to becoming friends. Oh and I almost forgot. My AWESOME team which was called the Chiefs included Me,Ema,Kiarah,Matelita,Vika,Atawhai,Kamryn,Luka and Gabby.We were coached by none other then Mr Moran and Managed by Mr Goodwin. I hope that we can come back one last time to play our official final game!

Another awesome thing that happened this term while school was going on in week 2 was we got to have a netball tournament. It was the Eastern Zone Tournament, and for this first time EVER we had a boys team. It was really fun and awesome to play in the tournament. It was also funny and cool to have some extra support from the boys team as well.My team which is the Chiefs came second. Our last game was the toughest game, which was against Baradene. By the way they were really good! They also challenged my team further then ever.Even though we came second it was still good because we got to go to the inter zone tournament, which was happening in Week 5. Well since lockdown happened we couldn't, but I hope to next term if that is possible. 

We also got to have a sports exchange with St Kents. They were also a pretty good team. This happened in Week 3. It was an AMAZING experience and we did it along side the Year 8 Queens. We won against them, but what was good was that we were going to verse them in the inter zone tournament. As like before that didn't happen due to lockdown. Hopefully we get to do another sports exchange with them next term or even next year.

Another sport that was supposed to happen was league. We didn't get to play any league games, while at school. Although league didn't happen we did have some awesome and funny training's. I really hope that we get to do league next term, but if not next year is fine.

Now that sport is over on to tech.Tech was one of the most interesting things ever. I didn't expected to do tech online, but I'm glad we did. Even though we switched classes on the second week of lockdown, my new tech class has been a BLAST! I am in Hard Materials with Mr Grundy. I have to say I thought that it would be boring, but it is actually so cool and fun. We do jokes and have a bit of fun. I'm not sure what I want to build yet, but I hope that by the time we get back to school I'll have an idea. 

Another class that happened was extension. Extension has really pushed my brain to work and think even harder then ever. This Term for extension we were learning about Olympic Controversial topics. This Term I worked with Kiarah. We were learning about whether athletes should compete for the country they were born in or the country they live in. We also focused on whether transgender athletes should compete the gender they are now or the gender they were born in. The 2 main athletes we were focused on were Lydia Ko who is a golfer and Laurel Hubbard who is a weightlifter. Check out some of my old blog post to find out more.

Last, but not least ,MY TEACHERS NEW BABY. Mrs Stone has finally gave birth to her baby girl. It was sad that we couldn't get to see her in real life, but she did send us a photo. Anyways I hope that Mrs Stone and her husband are doing great and staying safe. I also hope to meet her and her baby when we get back at school!

So you see, even though most of this term was spent in lockdown. Some awesome things still happened. From Sports exchanges to Mrs Stone baby. This just proves that nothing can stop us Pt England Kids from doing what we do best. I am begging that next term which is also the last term. That we still have Film Festival,Our Rainbows End Trip and most importantly PRIZE GIVING. I still can't believe that this is the end of TERM 3! That just shows that time flys. I can't wait for term 4 and whats to come even though it is the last term this year. Hopefully I can blog through the holidays and also its the first of October and ONLY 3 MORE MONTHS UNTIL THE END OF THE YEAR! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.